November 3, 2008

Missouri Valley Conference - Preseason polls

The Missouri Valley Conference released its composite poll for the upcoming men's basketball season Tuesday (10/28). Here's how the conglomeration of sports information directors, media and coaches voted:

School (First Place Votes)Points
1. Creighton (36) 386
2. Southern Illinois (2) 322
3. Illinois State (1) 309
4. Drake 274
5. Bradley 219
6. UNI 186
7. Indiana State 137
8. Evansville 122
9. Wichita State 105
10. Missouri State 85

For the full press release, check it out here: MVC Press Release

I will publish my rankings in reverse order throughout the next nine days. Do I think there is a team in the Valley that can do what Drake did last year (picked 9th, finished 1st)? What do I consider the different tiers of the conference? (Clearly, some of the teams look much weaker on paper than others.) Tune in starting Monday to see what I think of the MVC teams this season.

No comments: